Sigma Sigma Sigma…
- is a worldwide network with more than 100,000 members and growing
- has chapters on more than 110 college campuses and 88 alumnae chapters in communities all over the world.
- was the first sorority in Alaska.
- was the first sorority with an international chapter.
- is the only sorority with a hearing impaired chapter.
- is the first sorority to have an alumnae key contact in Antarctica.
- was the first sorority to establish its own philanthropy.
- Carrie Underwood, winner of American Idol 2005, is a Tri Sigma. She wears her letters in the music video “All-American Girl.
Watch the Music Video Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36xv75MJ4U
- Suzie from ABC’s The Bachelor is a Tri Sigma.
- The book “Where the Heart Is” was written by Billie Lett, a Tri Sigma.
- Linda Denham, a Tri Sigma, created Care Bears. The Harmony bear was originally created for Sigma Sigma Sigma. The three hearts on its belly represent the three points of the triangle that represents Tri Sigma.
- Gladys Morelock, a Tri Sigma, is superintendent of the U.S. Mint.
- Jennifer Blackburn Dunn, a Tri Sigma, is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- The play atriums featured in the movie “Patch Adams” were funded by Tri Sigma.